Is it possible to achieve 100% of letters delivering when having many mailings on GetCourse?
Yes, it is.
Below you see a screenshot from postmaster.mail.ru service with a report on a delivering level for one of projects that have mailings on GetCourse.
How to achieve it?
The answer is simple - don’t send spam letters :)
Need more details?Every mailing has a set of things which influence its delivering level. Those things can be divided into two groups:
- internal ones
- external ones.
All internal things are:
- mailing content,
- a base you’re going to use for mailings sending.
All external things are:
- domain used for sending mailings,
- IP-address used for sending mailings,
- history of mailings sending (not certain ones, but all mailings) from this domain, including users’ response to letter receiving,
- history of mailings sending (not certain ones, but all mailing) from this IP-address, including users’ response to letter receiving.
Areas of responsibility
Let’s decide which thing you can control on GetCourse. It is needed to let you understand the following:
- 100% of letters delivering is a result of a group work of you and us (you participate in it regardless the mailing service you use),
- GetCourse fully understands its area of responsibility and carries out all obligations needed as well as helps you to achieve a high level of letters delivering.
- mailing content - you form it. It is your area of responsibility. If you insert “spam” work to a mailing 50 times and don’t do anything else, this mailing won’t be received. We have an integral analysis of letter text which prompts you whether or not a letter passes a “test” on being a spam. It is an example of how GetCourse helps you with your area of responsibility.
- a base you’re going to use for mailings sending. It is your area of responsibility. We are not responsible for the origin of this base and a source where you’ve got it.
- a domain used for mailings sending. We help with its set up - if it is delegated to us, then SPF-record and DKIM-signature are given to you automatically; if it is not delegated to us, then you have instructions with information about which TXT-records you need to add to DNS-zone of your custom domain on your host provider side. We also can point at domains which are in some black-lists as well as help you to take those domains out of a list. Hence, a quality of a domain from email services’ point of view is our common area of responsibility.
- IP-address used for mailings sending. We have several IP-addresses. There is a list of them, which is cleaned/complemented occasionally. We add new domains due to several reasons: amount of sent letters is increasing, sometimes we get requests on a dedicated IP-address from our customers. We take domains out of list because of several things: IP-address can have a worsening reputation when it is used for sending letters of bad quality from email services’ point of view. It is not possible to take a new IP-address and to start sending a bunch of letters - it will be considered by email services as something suspicious - therefore rating of this IP-address is starting to decrease. We need to proceed a whole procedure called “warm-up”: the amount of letters sent from this IP-address is increasing gradually, and all letters are of a good quality. Thus, we can’t give a new IP-address to a new customer. We need to give him a “warmed-up” domain. Both you and we are responsible for it.
- history of mailing sending from this domain. Domain’s rating can decrease from email services’ point of view if users complain a lot about your mailings (by clicking on “Spam” button) or just don’t open your letters. If they open and read them, rating can increase. Thus, if all your mailings are of a good quality, then rating will be high. Despite we can call this area of responsibility as common, your share in it is higher, than ours.
- history of mailing sending from this IP-address. As one IP-address can be used not only by you, but by other users as well, the quality of your own mailings can influence IP-addresses rating. As a result your mailing can be affected too. It is our area of responsibility as we need to watch IP-addresses’ ratings and to take them out of our list in time.
We can’t dedicate IP-address to each customer, because it otherwise we had to include a price for it to our basic plans, however not all our customers need it by default. But we provide an opportunity to dedicated IP-address upon your request.
Superficial glance at the topic
Actually this topic is pretty huge. We just highlighted main aspects of it. You can find additional materials in our blog.