Promo code - is combination of characters that gives a set discount for a specific product/offer or a group of products/offers.
To create a promo code go to “Sales” - “Promotions” - “Promo codes” and click the “Create promo code” button.
Then fill in the fields and click the “Create” button.
Types of promo codes
- General, subject to be entered - it is convenient to send it to a selection of users who, for example, purchased the same product and received such a gift - a promo code for their next purchase. Reusable.
- General, applied automatically - this type of promo code is automatically applied in the order, it makes sense to use it for all users without exception, as a discount, announcing it in the mailing or the sale form, setting a certain validity period of the promo event.
- Personal is used for one-time rewarding specific users:
- linked to the user's email - automatically applied in the order, which was created for the specified user;
- not linked to the user's email - entered manually when paying; after that it links to the user for whom the order is placed. At the moment, a personal promo code can be used by several users if it was entered in several orders before the payment for one of the orders.
- Personal, permanent - this code differs from the personal one in that it can be used an unlimited number of times;
- General, linked to the user when entered - it differs from the personal one in that the code is the same for everyone, and differs from the general one in that after entering the code, a duplicate is created, linked to a specific user. At the moment, until the copy of the code associated with the user has not received the “Used” status, the code will be automatically applied to new orders that fall under the condition of the promotion. Once redeemed, the code cannot be used, it was created for a one-time use only.
- Affiliate - you can more about using the affiliate promo code in the next article.